From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reiserfs partition corrupted - help!
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 14:57:31
1 Anthony Roy wrote:
2
3 >Hi Dale,
7 >>Google found this:
8 >>http://www.linuxpackages.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9208&sid=7a741429de5dcddf32c3ff133d202d01
12 >Cheers. I had already googled around, without much success - this
13 >gives me an idea of what to do at least. Looks like I need a partition
14 >of at least the same size as the damaged one to copy the blocks over
15 >to. Unfortunately, I haven't got another *drive* that's as big as that
16 >partition...
17 >
18 >Looks like an expensive deal for a single bad block! I'll be getting a
19 >replacement big drive to replace the damaged one, and a large
20 >external drive to use for backups. Ironic really, as the server was
21 >supposed to be my backup solution - it has my subversion repository on
22 >it, and an rsync module for backup. Unfortunatly, I'd started to use
23 >it as a webserver etc...
24 >
25 >Oh well, first disk corruption in 10 years - got to learn the hard way
26 >sometime...
27 >
28 >--
29 >Ant...
34 I have been really lucky. I have been messing with computers for over
35 25 years and I don't recall having a hard drive of mine go out. I have
36 worked on others that have though. I guess I replace mine to often.
37
38 Dale
39 :-)
40 --