From: Anthony Roy <antroy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reiserfs partition corrupted - help!
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 10:45:43
1 Hi Dale,
2
3 > Google found this:
4 > http://www.linuxpackages.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9208&sid=7a741429de5dcddf32c3ff133d202d01
5
6 Cheers. I had already googled around, without much success - this
7 gives me an idea of what to do at least. Looks like I need a partition
8 of at least the same size as the damaged one to copy the blocks over
9 to. Unfortunately, I haven't got another *drive* that's as big as that
10 partition...
11
12 Looks like an expensive deal for a single bad block! I'll be getting a
13 replacement big drive to replace the damaged one, and a large
14 external drive to use for backups. Ironic really, as the server was
15 supposed to be my backup solution - it has my subversion repository on
16 it, and an rsync module for backup. Unfortunatly, I'd started to use
17 it as a webserver etc...
18
19 Oh well, first disk corruption in 10 years - got to learn the hard way
20 sometime...
23 Ant...
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list