From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reiserfs partition corrupted - help!
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:28:00
1 Anthony Roy wrote:
2
3 >Hi All,
4 >
5 >Last night I decided to set up a rsync server on my gentoo server box.
6 >I have a partition mounted under /srv, and that was the disk the rsync
7 >module was located on. I then proceeded to rsync the contents of my
8 >main PC over to the server. I tested the scripts a few times first to
9 >ensure that things were working OK, and indeed they were. I then set
10 >it running when I went to bed.
11 >
12 >This morning I wake up to find the server had crashed and was
13 >inaccessible. All processes seemed to have shut down. Rebooting the
14 >computer resulted in the reiserfsck being run - and failing!!
15 >
16 >I have tried reiserfsck --rebuild-tree /dev/hdc6 and I get a complaint
17 >that the filesystem could not be rebuilt
18 >
19 >bread: Cannot read the block (87878789) (Input/Output error)
20 >
21 >It also suggests (aside from buying a new disk!) to try overwriting
22 >the blocks if there are only a few of them. How do I go about doing
23 >this?? And does anyone have any other suggestions on how to recover
24 >the filesystem?
25 >
26 >Cheers,
27 >