From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Want to seriously test a NEW hard drive
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 06:15:16
1 On 08/08/12 at 10:22pm, Dale wrote:
2 > I used something called Gparted to partition this monster. This is
3 > temporary tho. What should I be using to partition this thing? What is
4 > the best, and easiest, tool for me to use? I have been using cfdisk in
5 > the past but it doesn't seem to work on this one. I do want one very
6 > large partition and plan to use LVM on it too.
7 >
8 > Oh, it would be nice if the tool is on LiveCDs, SystemRescue in my
9 > case. I use that when the stuff hits the fan and I am covered up pretty
10 > deep. ;-)
11
12 GParted is on systemrescuecd :D. Its that goldenish disk icon on the
13 panel. GParted is a frontend to parted you can use that directly as
14 well.
18 - Yohan Pereira
19
20 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
21 between a mermaid and a seal.
22 -- Mark Twain