From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multiple addresses/routes for one ethernet card possible?
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 15:34:00
1 On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 09:41:01AM +0100, Michael wrote
2
3 > However, if only one router is connected to the PC at any time, my
4 > personal preference would be to use the *same* LAN subnet on both
5 > routers and configure the routers' static IP address allocation to
6 > the same IP address for the PC's MAC.
7
8 I'll look into the "advanced settings menu" on both routers and see if
9 I can change the LAN subnet. I want to avoid dhcp so that I can backup
10 and transfer files and ssh between machines using short names in
11 /etc/hosts rather than fiddle around with literal IP addresses.
14 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
15 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications