From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 10:17:25
1 On 10/12/17 11:55, Wols Lists wrote:
2 > On 09/12/17 12:08, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> I'm all in favour of Lennart-bashing, but let's keep the bashing to what
4 >> he's responsible for.
5 >
6 > <flame suit on>
7 >
8 > As far as I can tell, the most egregious thing he's responsible for is
9 > for wanting a well-designed system that works!
10 >
11 > Face it, linux is a hodge-podge of things thrown together, and held
12 > together with baling wire and sealing wax. Lennart doesn't want a system
13 > where a small failure in one place cascades and brings down a load of
14 > stuff elsewhere.
15 >
16 > Granted he's not necessarily the most politic of people, and has ruffled
17 > a lot of feathers, but I'd much rather a system he's cleaned up, than a
18 > system where everything hangs together on a knife-edge.
19
20 I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't care :-P
21
22 This is me:
23
24 "Seems like KDE and Gnome prefer/recommend or require systemd. OK.
25 Install that instead. I don't actually care what it does or how it works."