From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 09:55:53
1 On 09/12/17 12:08, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > I'm all in favour of Lennart-bashing, but let's keep the bashing to what
3 > he's responsible for.
4
5 <flame suit on>
6
7 As far as I can tell, the most egregious thing he's responsible for is
8 for wanting a well-designed system that works!
9
10 Face it, linux is a hodge-podge of things thrown together, and held
11 together with baling wire and sealing wax. Lennart doesn't want a system
12 where a small failure in one place cascades and brings down a load of
13 stuff elsewhere.
14
15 Granted he's not necessarily the most politic of people, and has ruffled
16 a lot of feathers, but I'd much rather a system he's cleaned up, than a
17 system where everything hangs together on a knife-edge.
18
19 Cheers,
20 Wol