From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 10:26:15
1 On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On 09/12/17 12:08, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> I'm all in favour of Lennart-bashing, but let's keep the bashing to what
4 >> he's responsible for.
5 >
6 > <flame suit on>
7 >
8 > As far as I can tell, the most egregious thing he's responsible for is
9 > for wanting a well-designed system that works!
10 >
11 > Face it, linux is a hodge-podge of things thrown together, and held
12 > together with baling wire and sealing wax. Lennart doesn't want a system
13 > where a small failure in one place cascades and brings down a load of
14 > stuff elsewhere.
15 >
16 <sarcasm>
17 And, of course, a system of his doing will not have a single point of
18 failure. At all, at all. And it is well-designed, to boot.
19 </sarcasm>
20 Why not get rid of all the bazaar stuff altogether? They could just
21 fork linux. Minus the name, of course. I could suggest a name, but
22 won't. But maybe it is more appealing to grab something that is
23 already there? Not to mention that it is way more friendly to the
24 interests of a certain corporation.
25 Regards