From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what goes on with duplicity?
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 22:05:15
1 On Sun, 22 May 2016 03:47:43 -0400 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi. I have been using (on advise from someone here),
3 > app-backup/duplicity from the rinaldus overlay, but in the latest update
4 > which I have postponed, gentoo has updated to the same version as the
5 > overlay, but has chosen to have a mandatory use flag of -azure which
6 > would cause my backups not to work, as I am updating to azure storage.
7 > How can I prevent this from happening? The versions are the same, so is
8 > there a way to mask this off?
9
10 There is no azure USE flag in duplicity from the main tree, the
11 "(-azure)" notation you see means that flag is no longer here in
12 the new version to install.
16 > Note that I had to patch the back end for azure with something to fix a
17 > typo, so I wonder if this has something to do with the problem?
18
19 No, it isn't. Your problem comes from a way how you installed
20 duplicity from rinaldus overlay. How this overlay is enabled? What
21 priority have you set?
22
23 What you basically need is to prefer overlay version over version
24 from the tree.
25
26 Eix shows me 6 overlays with this ebuild, but there is no
27 "rinaldus" on the list, it isn't in layman either. You should have
28 a record of your overlay somewhere in
29 /etc/portage/repos.conf/*.conf
30 set
31 priority = 50
32 for this overlay, so it will have precedence over the main
33 portage tree.
34
35 Another way to solve this issue is to mask duplicity only from
36 gentoo tree, add to your /etc/portage/package.mask:
37
38 app-backup/duplicity::gentoo
39
40 This way it will be installed only from overlay(s), even if in-tree
41 version is newer.
42
43 Of course, the best solution is to file bug for
44 app-backup/duplicity and ask maintainers to add azure USE flag.
45
46 Best regards,
47 Andrew Savchenko