From: Ian K <omega_2_1@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommend me a good PCMCIA wireless network card
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 07:38:46
1 Colin wrote:
4 > On Jul 24, 2005, at 2:54 AM, Greg Bur wrote:
5 >
6 >> On 7/23/05, Ian K <omega_2_1@×××××.ca> wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> Hi there,
9 >>> I have an older laptop that I want to add to my network,
10 >>> (its a 802.11B one) and I was wondering what brands/models
11 >>> would work the best under Linux. Im fairly flexible, and would
12 >>> really not like to tinker with too many drivers. Any good ideas?
13 >>> Thanks!
14 >>>
15 >>
16 >> I've always had good luck with cards that use the Orinoco chipset and
17 >> the only time I've had to tinder with drivers was when I wanted to get
18 >> Kismet working with the card. You should be able to pick one up for
19 >> under $50. Check out http://www.proxim.com or
20 >> http://www.buffalotech.com for more details.
23 > Just remember, if the laptop isn't going too far, a good length of Ye
24 > Olde Cat5e is a much cheaper solution. That being said...
25
26 Oh, this laptop has absolutely no ethernet port, and the router is in my
27 parent's room, so just to be out of the way, i would like to go for a
28 wireless card. :)
29 Ian

omega_2_1.vcf text/x-vcard