From: Skippy <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - Midnight Commander and hiding terminal output
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 17:00:37
1 Greetings all;
2
3 I've been googling to no avail on this one.
4
5 When using Midnight Commander, I'll select a file and hit "enter" thus
6 opening that file with it's associated program.
7
8 Let's say a mp3 file with VLC as that's one I have set up.
9
10 It runs, but any error messages from VLC appear in the MC terminal
11 window and force the MC display up the screen, thus rendering it unreadable.
12
13 I can fix this by exiting VLC and entering "clear" on the command line.
14
15 Question is, can I hide all terminal messages when MC is running? Does
16 my question & description make sense?
17
18 Thanks much - Skippy