From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] openrc start-stop-daemon problem
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 14:46:49
1 Hi. I am having a problem with openrc 16.4 where start-stop daemon
2 complains like this fopen /var/run/<some service> (happens to almost all
3 of them) no such file or directory, but -- using the interactive
4 feature -- I see that the pid file is actually is there. /var/run is a
5 simlink to /run which is a tmpfs file system. It looks like permissions
6 are correct as well, so I have no idea why this is happening. When the
7 system shuts down, start-stop-daemon still complains and has some other
8 way to find the process, but its still annoying.
9
10 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
13 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
14 How do
15 you spend it?
16
17 John Covici