From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE (mono to meta) migration
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:34:56
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen <at> zlin.dk> writes:
4 > This removes everything in kde-base that is version 3.2, 3.3 or 3.4 (and
5 > installed of course):
6
7 > # cd /var/db/pkg && emerge -Cva kde-base/*-3.{2,3,4}*
8
9 Used this one. I'd rather clean it all out (KDE) and start over.
12 > This removes everything in kde-base. It's equivalent to Neils suggestion.
13
14 > # cd /var/db/pkg && emerge -Cva kde-base/*
15
16 I then removed the monolithci packages by hand that are blocking
17 This is the command I used to see what is(was) blocking kde-meta:
18 emerge -uavDN kde-meta
21 > Also after removing old slots there may still be third party apps left that has
22 > been compiled against the old versions. They need to be remerged after the new
23 > version of kde has been emerged to compile them against the new version and
24 > remove the old cruft in /usr/kde/3.4 etc.
25
26 > This will show you what packages still have cruft in /usr/kde/3.2 - 3.4:
27
28 > # find /usr/kde/3.{2,3,4} | xargs equery belongs | cat
29
30 Ok I'll do this after emerging kde-meta completes. I hope I was not suppose
31 to do this before 'emerge -uavDN kde-meta' ????
32
33 Right now the (test) workstation is compiling kde-meta. When that is done,
34 I'll report back my results. This way, maybe other folks can have a
35 concise method to clean out the old kde kruft and get fresh kde-meta
36 or kde-split(dealer's choice...)
37
38 > Unmerge what you don't need or remerge (after emerging kde 3.5) what you still
39 > need. When you are done with that the above command should give no output and
40 > any files still in /usr/kde/3.2 - 3.4 can be safely deleted since they belong
41 > to no package. Pay attention to what you do though. A revdep-rebuild before
42 > this step will probably take care of most of this.
43
44 Before or after the emerge -uavDN kde-meta?
47 James
53 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list