From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE (mono to meta) migration
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:45:12
1 On Thursday 22 June 2006 22:12, James wrote:
2 > Ok I'll do this after emerging kde-meta completes. I hope I was not suppose
3 > to do this before 'emerge -uavDN kde-meta' ????
4
5 You weren't. Blocks are only within the same slot. In fact the split packages
6 blocks only the monolithic package they belong to.
7
8 [SNIP]
9
10 > > Unmerge what you don't need or remerge (after emerging kde 3.5) what you
11 > > still need. When you are done with that the above command should give no
12 > > output and any files still in /usr/kde/3.2 - 3.4 can be safely deleted
13 > > since they belong to no package. Pay attention to what you do though. A
14 > > revdep-rebuild before this step will probably take care of most of this.
15 >
16 > Before or after the emerge -uavDN kde-meta?
17
18 If you are removing stuff it doesn't matter. If you are remerging stuff it
19 should be after. If you do it before it will be built against the old version
20 again which is pretty pointless.
23 Bo Andresen