From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4: Constant crashes in conjunction with Konsole
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 19:19:08
1 Am Donnerstag, 20. August 2009 schrieb Paul Hartman:
2 > On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 6:34 PM, Frank Steinmetzger<Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
3 > > Hi guys,
4 > >
5 > > until now I've been quite a KDE4 hater, but I'm willing to give it a try
6 > > from time to time. So I installed 4.3 parallel to my beloved 3.5.10 and
7 > > was quite pleased with it. However, I have repeating crashes of my entire
8 > > X. Mostly it happens when I open Konsole, the next often occasion is
9 > > opening a menu (main menu, context menu, you name it), but also only
10 > > after a Konsole windows was opened. All I see is a quick error message
11 > > about glibc, then X restarts and I'm back at kdm.
12 >
13 > I had Konsole-related crashes and other weirdness when I first
14 > switched to KDE4. It turned out to be related to fonts! I installed
15 > DejaVu fonts and used them for everything in KDE's font config, and in
16 > Konsole I'm using "Fixed [ETL]" size 10 (I'm not sure which package
17 > that came from, but I think it's one of the core Xorg fonts).
18
19 I, too, changed the font to a bitmap variant (terminus). But that didn't help;
20 though crashes occured less, if my memory serves me correctly, they were
21 still there.
22 --
23 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
24 Ladies fist, James Last.