From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: startx fails launching KDE 4
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 02:36:25
1 "Andrey Vul" <andrey.vul@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Host lookup has nothing to do with this.
4 > Last time I checked, kde doesn't do anything with dnsdomainname.
5 > Also, I don't even have /etc/{init.d,conf.d}/domainname .
6
7 It must have some amount to do with it:
8
9 >>> hostname: Host name lookup failure
10
11 Was the first line of the log. It may not be a significant issue or
12 the reason kde is balking but apparently there is a host lookup
13 involved. Sorry its not what you needed.