From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: startx fails launching KDE 4
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 02:40:20
1 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > "Andrey Vul" <andrey.vul@×××××.com> writes:
4 >
5 >> Host lookup has nothing to do with this.
6 >> Last time I checked, kde doesn't do anything with dnsdomainname.
7 >> Also, I don't even have /etc/{init.d,conf.d}/domainname .
8 >
9 > It must have some amount to do with it:
10 >
11 > >>> hostname: Host name lookup failure
12 >
13 > Was the first line of the log. It may not be a significant issue or
14 > the reason kde is balking but apparently there is a host lookup
15 > involved. Sorry its not what you needed.
16
17 I see now that the host lookup is only to insert information into the
18 log so indeed does not have bearing on the problem.
19 Sorry to have wasted your time.