From: Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Troubles with kde4
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 20:15:27
1 On 11/20/2009 2:28 PM, econti wrote:
2 > cut
3 >>
4 >>>
5 >>> further
6 >>>
7 >>> 4 - I cannot mount a partition (both from command line and from
8 >>> desktop) the answer is "Only root can mount a device" (all
9 >>> permissions are the same as before)
10 >> I would check out "groups <username>" and see whether you are a
11 >> member of the plugdev group.
12 >>> 5 - I am not able to become root (both in konsole and term) the
13 >>> answer is "Authentication failed" (consolekit is merged)
14 >> Wheel group for this one.
15 >>
16 >> Marcus
19 > This was the first thing I did. Remeber, we are talking about a kde
20 > upgrade, so groups, permissions, etc should not be changed.
21 >
22 > emilio
23 I know, I just thought that maybe for some weird reason it had changed
24 your groups settings.
25
26 I personally don't use kde since I'm on an old 2Ghz Pentium 4 with 256Mb
27 of RAM...
28 LXDE ftw!
29
30 Marcus