From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any good instructions for creating a Live CD?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:50:14
1 Mark Knecht schrieb:
2 > Hi all,
3 > From a thread on another list (pro-audio/music oriented) we're
4 > thinking about creating our own Live CD. I'd like this at least
5 > initially to be based on Gentoo. Are there any good, up-to-date
6 > instructions around about how to do this?
7 >
8 > In Google Books I found something called "Linux Live CDs:Building
9 > and Customizing Bootables". It had the following link which is dead.
10 > Did it move somewhere? I cannot find it yet.
11 >
12 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_build_a_LiveCD_from_Scratch
13 >
14 gentoo-wiki.com seems to be offline, again. Try to find it on
15 gentoo-wiki.info.
16
17 > I found this in the forums. Any idea about how well it might work?
18 >
19 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=244837
20 >
21 > There's a section talking about Catalyst. The first thing is says
22 > is that it's not for the casual user. On a scale of 1-10 how difficult
23 > is something like this? (I suspect that if I have to ask it's too
24 > difficult.) ;-)
25 >
26 > Also this for general info:
27 >
28 > http://www.livecdlist.com/wiki/index.php/LiveCD_Creation_Resources
29 >
30 > Most interesting to me would be something like cloning an already
31 > up-and-running system. Is that possible?
32 >
33 > Thanks in advance,
34 > Mark
38 I never tried to build my own live cd but maybe the following links
39 might help.
40
41 kh
42