From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2 remote printing methods
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 17:27:23
1 > > Is that correct? Could I use two remote printers attached to the same
2 > > print server via the ServerName method?
3 >
4 > Yes. I have two printers attached to my Mini-ITX server box and both are
5 > available across the network. The only configuration on the client boxes
6 > is to add the ServerName directive, the printers are picked up
7 > automatically.
8
9 How are you defining ServerName? The following is how I specified the
10 remote printer's location in the cups admin:
11
12 http://192.168.0.1:631/printers/brotherhl2040
13
14 I've tried a few variations of this (and restarted cupsd) but nothing
15 shows up in Firefox's printer choices now that I've deleted the
16 printer's local definition in the cups admin.
17
18 - Grant
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list