From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2 remote printing methods
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 01:51:42
1 > > > Is that correct? Could I use two remote printers attached to the same
2 > > > print server via the ServerName method?
3 > >
4 > > Yes. I have two printers attached to my Mini-ITX server box and both are
5 > > available across the network. The only configuration on the client boxes
6 > > is to add the ServerName directive, the printers are picked up
7 > > automatically.
8 >
9 > How are you defining ServerName? The following is how I specified the
10 > remote printer's location in the cups admin:
11 >
12 > http://192.168.0.1:631/printers/brotherhl2040
13 >
14 > I've tried a few variations of this (and restarted cupsd) but nothing
15 > shows up in Firefox's printer choices now that I've deleted the
16 > printer's local definition in the cups admin.
17 >
18 > - Grant
19
20 I needed to specify the ServerName like so:
21
22 ServerName 192.168.0.1
23
24 - Grant