From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Showing "reverse" dependencies
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 06:13:56
1 On Sunday 09 November 2008 06:04:02 Dale wrote:
2 > meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > is there a way to list the package, which depend on
6 > > a given (known) package (in my case a library)?
7 > >
8 > > Kind regards,
9 > > Meino Cramer
10 >
11 > If I understand correctly, equery depends <package name> . That's if I
12 > understand correctly. If you don't have it, emerge gentoolkit.
13
14 Just be aware that equery depends is somewhat broken
15
16 It lists dependencies in the tree, not dependencies a specific machine is
17 using. Plus it doesn't find some valid deps either.
18
19 It's still useful, but the user also has to use eix to determine which deps
20 are valid for them and which are not.
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com