From: Markos Chandras <markos.chandras@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Showing "reverse" dependencies
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 10:41:23
1 On Sunday 09 November 2008 08:13:41 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sunday 09 November 2008 06:04:02 Dale wrote:
3 > > meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > > > Hi,
5 > > >
6 > > > is there a way to list the package, which depend on
7 > > > a given (known) package (in my case a library)?
8 > > >
9 > > > Kind regards,
10 > > > Meino Cramer
11 > >
12 > > If I understand correctly, equery depends <package name> . That's if I
13 > > understand correctly. If you don't have it, emerge gentoolkit.
14 >
15 > Just be aware that equery depends is somewhat broken
16 >
17 > It lists dependencies in the tree, not dependencies a specific machine is
18 > using. Plus it doesn't find some valid deps either.
19 >
20 > It's still useful, but the user also has to use eix to determine which deps
21 > are valid for them and which are not.
22
23 well , what about dep?
24
25 from dep manpage
26
27 -l, --depends (default) List dependencies of PACKAGE
28 -L, --rev-depends List reverse dependencies of PACKAGE
29
30 show try dep -l amarok and you will get amarok dependencies .
31 Or try dep -L amarok and you will get the packages that depend on amarok
32
33 Sorry If I understand your question wrong
36 Markos Chandras