From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Konsole
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 20:50:30
1 On 11/07/2016 22:07, konsolebox wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 3:18 AM, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Thanks, that led me to sync the kde-sunset overlay. However, I think I
4 >> am missing a step as when I use emerge or eshowkw it doesn't seem to
5 >> show anything from the kde-sunset overlay. layman usually handled this
6 >> stuff, any pointers?
9 > Well, that was the only thing I had to do to make it work.
10 >
11 > Did you check if the files were properly downloaded after running
12 > `emerge --sync`? E.g. check if /var/local/overlays/kde-sunset/*
13 > exist? How do you know that nothing is shown from there. What
14 > command do you use? Do you have any custom package masks that would
15 > not make the packages show perhaps? Also, how did you add the
16 > repos.conf file for kde-sunset? I presumed that you know that
17 > /etc/portage/repos.conf should be a directory. Did you perhaps only
18 > added a single repos.conf file?
19 >
20 > # cat /etc/portage/repos.conf/{gentoo.conf,kde-sunset.conf,local.conf}
21 > [gentoo]
22 > location = /var/lib/gentoo/portage
23 > sync-type = git
24 > sync-uri = git://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git
25 > sync-git-pull-extra-opts = -f
26 > auto-sync = yes
27 > [kde-sunset]
28 > auto-sync = yes
29 > location = /var/local/overlays/kde-sunset
30 > masters = gentoo
31 > sync-type = git
32 > sync-uri = https://anongit.gentoo.org/git/proj/kde-sunset.git
33 > [local]
34 > masters = gentoo
35 > priority = 10
36 > location = /var/local/portage
37 >
38 > If it still doesn't work, maybe there's an old configuration line in
39 > your `make.conf` that should no longer be there. Or maybe you're
40 > using an old sys-apps/portage, or some other tools that make it change
41 > its behavior. Although both are unlikely.
42 >
43 > Another note: At least with portage-2.3.0, you should see "=== Sync
44 > completed for kde-sunset" after running `emerge --sync`.
47 There was an old deprecated *OVERLAY setting in make.conf that must be
48 removed when using the new repos.conf
49
50 Alan