From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Konsole
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 20:08:41
1 On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 3:18 AM, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Thanks, that led me to sync the kde-sunset overlay. However, I think I
3 > am missing a step as when I use emerge or eshowkw it doesn't seem to
4 > show anything from the kde-sunset overlay. layman usually handled this
5 > stuff, any pointers?
8 Well, that was the only thing I had to do to make it work.
9
10 Did you check if the files were properly downloaded after running
11 `emerge --sync`? E.g. check if /var/local/overlays/kde-sunset/*
12 exist? How do you know that nothing is shown from there. What
13 command do you use? Do you have any custom package masks that would
14 not make the packages show perhaps? Also, how did you add the
15 repos.conf file for kde-sunset? I presumed that you know that
16 /etc/portage/repos.conf should be a directory. Did you perhaps only
17 added a single repos.conf file?
18
19 # cat /etc/portage/repos.conf/{gentoo.conf,kde-sunset.conf,local.conf}
20 [gentoo]
21 location = /var/lib/gentoo/portage
22 sync-type = git
23 sync-uri = git://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git
24 sync-git-pull-extra-opts = -f
25 auto-sync = yes
26 [kde-sunset]
27 auto-sync = yes
28 location = /var/local/overlays/kde-sunset
29 masters = gentoo
30 sync-type = git
31 sync-uri = https://anongit.gentoo.org/git/proj/kde-sunset.git
32 [local]
33 masters = gentoo
34 priority = 10
35 location = /var/local/portage
36
37 If it still doesn't work, maybe there's an old configuration line in
38 your `make.conf` that should no longer be there. Or maybe you're
39 using an old sys-apps/portage, or some other tools that make it change
40 its behavior. Although both are unlikely.
41
42 Another note: At least with portage-2.3.0, you should see "=== Sync
43 completed for kde-sunset" after running `emerge --sync`.
46 konsolebox