From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't find reiser4 patch for kernel-2.6.39
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:40:15
1 On 19 July 2011, at 00:36, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > ...
3 >> You were wrong, and your ego did not permit you to acknowledge that. This
4 >> is totally consistent with all your previous behaviour.
5 >
6 > I am still right, you are attacking me for no reason whatsoever.
7 >
8 > Which is consistent with your trolling in your first post in this thread.
9
10 I'm calling you out on your consistent long-term pattern of behaviour on this list.
11
12 >> You probably have some kind of mental problem or hereditary defect, but that
13 >> doesn't mean the rest of us should have to put up with your behaviour.
14 >
15 > But we should put up with you trolling around and then acting all insulted and
16 > whiney when told to stop it?
19 Unless there is some family or intimate connection the rest of us are unaware of, there are no grounds for you to be offended on behalf of a convicted murderer. It's not trolling to make a joke, but anyone else asking another list user to refrain from humour would have used an adjective like "off topic" or "inappropriate".
20
21 Regardless of whether or not they thought the joke funny, anyone else would have asked nicely, because that's the kind of social lubricant most people employ. Do you know why they do that, Volker? Because people don't think you're such an asshole if you ask nicely.
22
23 You had to use the word "idiotic", apparently because it makes you feel big, like in your head you have more stature, when you slap someone else down.
24
25 You could have just let it go, as numerous times in the past I've let your attitude slide. But each time I thought to myself, "no, it's not worth starting a fight, it wouldn't be of any benefit to the other users on the list". But each time I bite my tongue, it just lets you get away with it, gives you permission to be an asshole again and to someone else. That's why I'm calling you out on it.
26
27 This is not one incident, this is not about me. This is about every time Volker disagrees with someone on the list, and him doing it in the most blunt and antagonising manner. Everyone else on the list can see for themselves what you are, and make their own minds up. No-one objects to you having an opinion, it's just the way you express them, like it makes you superior to be "right".
28
29 Stroller.