From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't find reiser4 patch for kernel-2.6.39
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 23:37:18
1 On Monday 18 July 2011 23:01:33 Stroller wrote:
2 > On 18 July 2011, at 22:00, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > >> You really have no authority to talk, Volker.
4 > >>
5 > >> I seem to recall you can't even recognise filesystem corruption,
6 > >> likely a>
7 > >> hard-drive failing with physical errors:
8 > > and the stuff you quote below have what to do with this?
9 > >
10 > > ...
11 > >
12 > > Instead of insulting me and trolling around you should waste a second or
13 > > two and think before you hit the send button. You need it.
14 >
15 > I can't possibly insult you, Volker. You're too much of an asshole for words
16 > to do you justice.
17 >
18 > A few weeks ago I wrote some strong things about another poster here, but
19 > having done so I realised that at least he earns enough respect to make
20 > that worthwhile. You don't. He'll rebut your points, but at least he'll
21 > bother to read them, address them and give them some credence in his
25 I know you are talking about Alan - a person I respect a lot. A person who
26 does not troll and is a usefull part of this mailing list. For some reason I
27 never saw a need to call him out on stupid behaviour. There must be a
28 reason....
29
30 > Not only are you compelled to think you're always right, but you're
31 > extremely rude about it, and arrogant, too.
32
33 and that from you. I am shocked.
34
35 Thinking about it. No, I am not.
38 > Had you come back to me previously and said "you know what? maybe it is a
39 > failing hard-drive, I'll try that" then I could have received some
40 > satisfaction about having helped you out.
41
42 hm, maybe because I checked back them, and made sure the harddrive was ok?
43 Btw, in sane operating systems, harddrive malfunctions result in visible
44 errors. If not displayed so in the logs. Guess what I checked? Oh look, no
45 errors in all the logs. No errors at all. Have you tried to delete a damaged
46 file on a damaged disk? rm will fail with an error.
47
48 Guess what didn't happen back then.
49
50 Believe me, I have had enough harddrive malfunctions in my life. I recognize
51 the symptoms. Thank you.
52
53 But hey, you are still sore that I did not thank you?
54
55 Well, thanks for your time Stroller, but sadly I already checked, the
56 harddrive in question is in fine working order.
57
58 > But, no, you did't think of that.
59
60 oh yes, I did. See above.
61
62 > You were wrong, and your ego did not permit you to acknowledge that. This
63 > is totally consistent with all your previous behaviour.
64
65 I am still right, you are attacking me for no reason whatsoever.
66
67 Which is consistent with your trolling in your first post in this thread.
68
69 > You probably have some kind of mental problem or hereditary defect, but that
70 > doesn't mean the rest of us should have to put up with your behaviour.
71
72 But we should put up with you trolling around and then acting all insulted and
73 whiney when told to stop it?
74
75 Hm, double standards.. love them.
78 #163933