From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Latest unstable ntp not generating ntp.drift file.
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 20:48:18
1 kashani wrote:
2 > On 1/5/2011 12:04 AM, Thanasis wrote:
3 >> I think you should prefer openntpd over ntpd, because I think openntpd
4 >> is developed by openbsd, which means more secure ...
7 > I tried openntp a couple years ago. It was a giant pain in the
8 > ass. IIRC it was combination of crap defaults, poor docs, and plain
9 > not working. I think this was over five years ago and doubtfully thing
10 > have improved, but I definitely wasn't impressed at the time.
11 >
12 > kashani
16 It is a basic program for sure. Commands that I used before with ntp
17 were missing. The plain ntp has a lot more options and more commands
18 for seeing what is going on while openntp does not have much.
19
20 I think either would work here if I didn't have some underlying issue
21 somewhere.
22
23 Dale
24