From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] router woes
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 20:38:21
1 On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Gregory Woodbury <redwolfe@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I have a similar setup here in Frontier territory. The ADSL circuit
3 > connects to their Netgeat/Westell B90
4 > which has wifi and 4 ethernet ports. One ethernet port connects to my
5 > "internal" DLink-615 which serves
6 > the rest of the unit.
7 >
8 > The only limiting link is the ADSL link, the rest of the place runs at
9 > 10/100/1000 depending on the device
10 > capabilities and switch limits. The DLink has a decent processor and only
11 > loses its mind occasionally when
12
13 I found this https://www.cnet.com/products/d-link-dir-615-wireless-n-router/review/
14
15 I suppose it's not the same model?! Are you sure the DLink is not a bottleneck?
16
17 > a memory leak in their implementation overwrites part of the routing tables.
18
19 Would dd-wrt or tomato be an alternative to the original firmware?
20
21 know you have detected that the TP-link is underpowered and limiting your
22 > speeds, so replacing that seems
23 > to be you best option.
24
25 I just bought the TP-Link to replace an old ASUS. Another replacement
26 is not an option.
27
28 Regards,
29