From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] splitting audio file at points of silence ?
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 09:42:24
1 Hi Dale, hi Ashley,
2
3 thanks for all the help and informations! :)
4
5 In the meanwhile I found another way to split that file "as is"
6 (flac remains flac) with audacity.
7
8 Audacity contains a "sound finder" and "silence finder" analysis
9 tool, with which it is possible to set marks/regions in the file,
10 which mark sound and silence.
11
12 The tools are configurable. This way one can tinker with the
13 parameters until a near perfect match as acchieved and then
14 write out the files with File->Export->Multiple.
15
16 The visual representation of sound and silence is by far better
17 then test-listening all created files after each iteration with
18 any cli solution.
19
20 Cheers!
21 Meino