From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia NVS 5200M
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 20:04:17
1 on 07/27/2012 10:12 PM Allan Gottlieb wrote the following:
2 >
3 > This is a std dell product (it is nvidia mobile device) so I am not
4 > worried about the heat. It will doubtless shorten battery time, but I
5 > mostly am plugged in.
6 >
7 > allan
10 I wouldn't be so sure about it, after I had a bad experience with a
11 17-inch Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Xa 1526, which had an NVIDIA GeForce Go
12 7600 - 256MB DDR2. Powerfull graphics, but also a *very very* big heat
13 source. Plus, although the laptop was built in Germany, its airflow
14 design was totally inadequate to dissipate the heat even when the
15 graphics card was not working under load.
16 Under a load it was only a matter of minutes before it would crash.