From: Abhay Kedia <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to compile 64bit Gentoo on a 32bit system?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:07:48
1 On Thursday 12 January 2006 05:08, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 >
3 > Do a stage 3 install plus GRP packages. You'll have a fully working 64
4 > bit desktop in around an hour. Then edit make.conf and /etc/portage/* to
5 > suit your needs, emerge --sync and emerge -e world while using the system.
6 >
7 Thanks for the reply Neil but I don't have a fast connection. Just a 64kbps
8 connection. If I follow GRP way then first I'll have to download a live CD,
9 then the GRP Packages and then undergo the whole process of downloading other
10 distfiles etc. It will be a really long and lengthy downloading process for
11 me. Can't I do it from my existing 32 bit installation?
12
13 Regards,
14 Abhay