From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nx / nxclient - replacement
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 18:12:37
1 On 06/02/2017 17:49, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > On 02/06/2017 03:41 AM, Poncho wrote:
3 >> On 06.02.2017 08:53, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >>> Are there any good replacement for "nx / nxclient" in Linux?
5 >>> NX is long time gone from portage. I hope, I can still install them
6 >>> from atic.
7 >>> This was another reason I wasn't upgrading for a long time as I need
8 >>> them to access remote boxes in GUI.
9 >>>
10 >>
11 >> I've switched to net-misc/remmina as a replacement for nxclient.
12 >
13 > Which flags are you using?
14 > net-misc/remmina-1.2.0_rc16-r1 USE="crypt nls (-ayatana) -gnome-keyring -rdp -spice -ssh -telepathy -webkit -zeroconf"
15 >
16 > I know I'll need: ssh rdp
17 > The remaining: -telepathy -webkit -zeroconf -ayatana
18 > I have no clue about them and looking up the info doesn't tell me much.
21 telepathy is an instant messaging framework, the successor to Kopete
22 from KDE
23
24 webkit is ... web rendering stuff. Hard to tell what it means in context
25 of rdp
26
27 zeroconf is avahi, mdnsresponder, config-less networking. All
28 implementations of the same idea
29
30 ayatana is a notification framework. If you have it, remmina uses it for
31 notifications
34 Alan McKinnon
35 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com