From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mounting USB sticks automagically.
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 23:44:50
1 On Tuesday, 17 December 2019 21:35:11 GMT Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 21:29:01 +0100, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
3 > > though I currently do not find any relevant descriptions regarding this
4 > > topic on the web I must formerly have found something there, because I
5 > > had set my laptop up this way, and it worked until the last reboot.
6 > >
7 > > Either I somehow spoiled some configuration, upgraded some package, or
8 > > inadvertently changed a package's USE flag :-(
9 > >
10 > > Can someone please guide me to rig up my box so it again mounts plugged
11 > > in USB sticks automatically to "/run/media/.../"?
12 >
13 > This is normally handled by the desktop environment, which desktop are
14 > you using?
15
16 And ... usually by the sys-fs/udisks package, which performs the automounting.
17 If for some reason you have uninstalled udisks, then the desktop environment
18 will have trouble automounting removable block devices.
21 Regards,
22
23 Mick