From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge avifile -0.7.41.20041001-r1 failed
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 03:19:54
1 On 11/9/05, Richard Watson <waty@×××××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > > You didn't post the output of emerge --info, but it looks like you may
3 > > have -mmx, -msse2, and -mfpmath in your CFLAGS. If so, take them out,
4 > > and it should compile just fine.
5 > >
6 > > -Richard
7 >
8 > Hi Richard, thanks very much for your reply. Yes I do have -mmx -mmse2
9 > and -mfpmath. I'll try your suggestion. As a matter of interest if I
10 > change my CFLAG setting how would I apply it to the whole system? Would
11 > I use the emerge --newuse option or do I have to bootstrap the system
12 > again from scratch.
13
14 --newuse doesn't take CFLAGS into account. If you really want to
15 rebuild your whole system, the standard way is:
16
17 emerge -e world
18
19 But I don't think it is really necessary. These flags can cause build
20 failures, but not really any runtime problems, AFAIK.
21
22 -Richard
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list