From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrade Question
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 13:25:45
1 Am Samstag, 02.11.2013 um 09:35
2 schrieb Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
3
4 > > Impressive, I think I'll try enabling it for specific packages that
5 > > will benefit and don't cause problems.
6 >
7 > On the other hand, after reading man make.conf, maybe it is not such a
8 > good idea except in very limited cases.
9 >
10 > Warning: This feature is known to cause numerous compilation failures.
11 > Sometimes ccache will retain stale code objects or corrupted files,
12 > which can lead to packages that cannot be emerged. If this happens
13 > (if you receive errors like "File not recognized: File truncated"),
14 > try recompiling the application with ccache disabled before reporting
15 > a bug. Unless you are doing development work, do not enable ccache.
16 >
17 > That reads more like an instruction than a recommendation.
21 ccache has caused some problems with older versions of openoffice, but
22 this was some years ago. It's always enabled on my hardened desktop and
23 I can't remember that it caused any other problems since at least two
24 years. But maybe I just have a weak memory. ;-)
25
26 Regards