From: "S. Schwartz" <sigi.schwartz@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia-kernel vs. gentoo-sources
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 09:21:59
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > which patches?
3 > What would you missing?
4 I don't really know, not even if those would be important to me. But I
5 kind of trust into the work of the Gentoo-guys and believe the
6 gentoo-sources are tested more intensive than vanilla sources (that's
7 just hearsay).
8
9 > And since the problem does not appear with vanilla kernels, it is worth a try.
10 Not really. Firstly, in portage only vanilla-sources-2.6.15.1 is
11 declared as stable (and I won't use an unstable one). Since I never had
12 problems with gentoo-sources-2.6.15-rsomething the whole procedure might
13 work, but that would be kinda lame news to me.
14 Secondly, I don't think avoiding the problem fixes it. I might have
15 similar problems in the future if patching isn't done properly with
16 certain packages that tend to come with problems (e.g. nvidia stuff).
17
18 Sigi
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list