From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia-kernel vs. gentoo-sources
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 20:11:14
1 On Tuesday 02 May 2006 11:51, S. Schwartz wrote:
2 > Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
3 > > is there any reason not to try drver version 8756?
4 > > 6629 is very old. very, very old. Even older. It is old.
5 >
6 > As I said, all other available versions in portage didn't compile or
7 > load afterwards. Only one version (other than 6629, one of the 1.0.7...)
8 > did both successfully but crashed when starting X.
9 >
10 > > If the problem is still there, I would try vanilla kernel.
11 >
12 > I'm not going to, since I believe I would be missing a lot of these
13 > gentoo-patches. Anyway to me it seems that the nvidia-kernel ebuild
14 > needs improvement (patching the stuff about remap_page_range and
15 > pci_find_class).
16
17 which patches?
18 What would you missing?
19
20 And since the problem does not appear with vanilla kernels, it is worth a try.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list