From: "S. Schwartz" <sigi.schwartz@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia-kernel vs. gentoo-sources
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 10:15:47
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > is there any reason not to try drver version 8756?
3 > 6629 is very old. very, very old. Even older. It is old.
4 As I said, all other available versions in portage didn't compile or
5 load afterwards. Only one version (other than 6629, one of the 1.0.7...)
6 did both successfully but crashed when starting X.
7
8 > If the problem is still there, I would try vanilla kernel.
9 I'm not going to, since I believe I would be missing a lot of these
10 gentoo-patches. Anyway to me it seems that the nvidia-kernel ebuild
11 needs improvement (patching the stuff about remap_page_range and
12 pci_find_class).
13
14 Sigi
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list