From: Fernando Rodriguez <cyklonite@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: In search of an truecolor-capable terminal emulator
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 14:11:00
1 On 04/26/2017 03:11 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2017-04-26 12:26, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
3 >
4 >>> My USE_FLAGS (make.conf) are:
5 >
6 >>> USE="nvidia X lua sdl mp3 flac jack alsa gtk cairo sndfile
7 >>> qt3support kpathsea gif tga jpeg png jpeg2k mad dvb dvdr encode lzo
8 >>> bzip2 ogg sox v4l v4l2 vorbis x264 x265 zsh-completion -hal -lirc"
9 >
10 >> I would start by enabling opengl globally. Then look at the dependency
11 >> graph for the packages that you want to accelerate (especially the
12 >> toolkits and the whole x11 stack) and if any of them have egl or gles
13 >> and not opengl then enable it. You can't enable them all on make.conf
14 >> because sometimes they conflict.
15 >
16 > Is this advice not in contradiction with itself? Or what do you mean by
17 > "enabling opengl globally" other than setting a USE flag in make.conf?
20 No. I meant you can't enable them *all* globally, meaning opengl, gles,
21 egl, etc. It's kind of the same situation as with GUI toolkits, you
22 can't enable them all globally because some packages support more than
23 one that you have to choose at compile time.
27 Fernando Rodriguez