From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: CTRL-ALT-NUM+
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 00:58:16
1 On Friday 12 January 2007 01:34, David Corbin wrote:
2 > For some unknown reason, CTRL-ALT-NUM+ has stopped working for me. I'm
3 > reasonably sure it happened when I switch from KDE-monolithic to the
4 > individual KDE packages, odd as that sounds.
5 >
6 > I've sought help from #xorg and #gentoo on IRC, but no one has been able
7 > to help. I can tell you this:
8 >
9 > 1) I do not have DontZoom in my xorg.conf file.
10 > 2) xrandr lists several resolutions (more than I expected) and can switch
11 > between at least two. But the switch is different than expected, in that
12 > it changed the desktop size too.
13 > 3) X Window System Version 7.1.1
14 > Release Date: 12 May 2006
15 > X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.1.1
16 >
17 > Any ideas on how to solve this problem are appreciated.
18
19 I *think* these events are passed directly to X, not to kde.
20 So that would rule out the upgrade from monolithic kde.
21
22 If I recall correctly the kde monolithic switch was around the same time Xorg
23 had a major upgrade. In that upgrade there were some radical changes to the
24 keyboard configuration. Is it possible the CTRL-ALT-NUM+ event doesn't
25 trigger because the keyboard config is incorrect?
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list