From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: howto make github look nice
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 00:58:16
1 On 19/05/15 03:47, James wrote:
2 > One of the things I find ugly about github is the first appearance
3 > of the main (base) page of a given project. One thing I really like about
4 > sourceforge is how some projects look much more professional. I do not need
5 > (nor want) a lecture on why this is. I only want solutions or ideas of how
6 > to create a github base page that looks much more (www) presentable like
7 > this sourceforge page:
8 >
9 > http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net/
10
11 That's not actually the SF page for QjackCtl. That's the project page,
12 which is really just web space where you upload your site. The actual SF
13 page is this:
14
15 http://sourceforge.net/projects/qjackctl
16
17 You can do the same in GitHub though. Here's a project of mine. GitHub page:
18
19 https://github.com/realnc/SDL_audiolib
20
21 And the GitHub-hosted project page (I only put the documentation there
22 though):
23
24 http://realnc.github.io/SDL_audiolib
25