From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New xorg-proto package blocks everything else.
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 19:36:19
1 2018-03-25 22:02 GMT+03:00 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2 > gevisz wrote:
3 >> 2018-03-25 21:40 GMT+03:00 Franz Fellner <alpine.art.de@×××××.com>:
4 >>> Just a stupid question: Did you add =scrnsaverproto-1.2.2-r1 to
5 >>> package.mask?
6 >> No. Actually, I do not need screensaver at all.
7 >>
8 >>> Because the -r2 is stable and nothing should prevent it from being merged...
9 >> But something does prevent it from being merged.
10 >>
11 >>> I am running partly testing and the time xorg-proto was added I had to deal
12 >>> with hard blocks which I circumvented by un-keywording (remove from
13 >>> package.accept-keywords) and selectively masking.
14 >> I have not understood the above comment.
15 >> But I prefer to stick with stable versions of all packages.
18 > I would try the -t option to see what is pulling it in. That may shed
19 > some light on the problem. Won't hurt anything if it doesn't work either.
20
21 $ equery d scrnsaverproto
22 * These packages depend on scrnsaverproto:
23 x11-base/xorg-server-1.19.5-r1 (>=x11-proto/scrnsaverproto-1.1)
24
25 So, it is xorg-server package that pulls scrnsaverproto in.
26
27 But I see no way how to switch it off:
28 $ equery uses xorg-server
29 [ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
30 [ : I - package is installed with flag ]
31 [ Colors : set, unset ]
32 * Found these USE flags for x11-base/xorg-server-1.19.5-r1:
33 U I
34 - - debug : Enable extra debug codepaths, like asserts and
35 extra output. If you want to get meaningful backtraces see
36
37 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Quality_Assurance/Backtraces
38 - - dmx : Build the Distributed Multiheaded X server
39 - - doc : Add extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc). It is
40 recommended to enable per package instead of globally
41 + + glamor : Enable Glamor OpenGL 2D acceleration
42 - - ipv6 : Add support for IP version 6
43 - - kdrive : Build the kdrive X servers
44 - - libressl : Use dev-libs/libressl instead of dev-libs/openssl
45 as SSL/TLS provider (ineffective with USE=-ssl), packages should not
46 depend on this USE flag
47 - - minimal : Install a very minimal build (disables, for
48 example, plugins, fonts, most drivers, non-critical features)
49 - - static-libs : Build static versions of dynamic libraries as well
50 + + suid : Enable setuid root program, with potential security risks
51 - - systemd : Enable use of systemd-specific libraries and
52 features like socket activation or session tracking
53 - - tslib : Build with tslib support for touchscreen devices
54 + + udev : Enable virtual/udev integration (device discovery,
55 power and storage device support, etc)
56 - - unwind : Enable libunwind usage for backtraces
57 - - wayland : Enable dev-libs/wayland backend
58 - - xcsecurity : Build Security extension
59 - - xephyr : Build the Xephyr server
60 - - xnest : Build the Xnest server
61 + + xorg : Build the Xorg X server (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
62 - - xvfb : Build the Xvfb server