From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New xorg-proto package blocks everything else.
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 19:02:26
1 gevisz wrote:
2 > 2018-03-25 21:40 GMT+03:00 Franz Fellner <alpine.art.de@×××××.com>:
3 >> Just a stupid question: Did you add =scrnsaverproto-1.2.2-r1 to
4 >> package.mask?
5 > No. Actually, I do not need screensaver at all.
6 >
7 >> Because the -r2 is stable and nothing should prevent it from being merged...
8 > But something does prevent it from being merged.
9 >
10 >> I am running partly testing and the time xorg-proto was added I had to deal
11 >> with hard blocks which I circumvented by un-keywording (remove from
12 >> package.accept-keywords) and selectively masking.
13 > I have not understood the above comment.
14 > But I prefer to stick with stable versions of all packages.
17 I would try the -t option to see what is pulling it in.  That may shed
18 some light on the problem.  Won't hurt anything if it doesn't work either.
19
20 Dale
21