From: Sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adaptec 29160 Setup
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:11:25
1 Bob Sanders wrote:
4 >> sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 40x/40x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
5 >> sr 0:0:1:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0
6 >> sr1: scsi3-mmc drive: 40x/40x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
9 > Ah, but the problem is that it only thinks there is one type of drive.
10 > One of the above drives should show as a DVD capable drive. Not just
11 > as a CD-ROM/ writer.
14 I realize this, and I may tackle it again, when I am ready.
18 >> Brought system down, reconnected the sata dvd unit and after power up,
19 >> both units are now working. In fact the dmesg statements are from the
20 >> working config, though it was the same when it was not working.
23 > I wonder if the SCSI cable was not quite seated or had oxidized pins?
26 This system runs more then one OS, and the other 2 have had no problems.
27
28 Sean
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list