From: Johannes Kimmel <johannes.kimmel@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge 32bits on 64bits platform
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:38:48
1 On 08/16/2010 08:13 PM, Stéphane Guedon wrote:
2 > I have read several things about this, but never really solved !
3 >
4 > Can I emerge a 32bits software on 64bits platform with a multilib profile ?
5 >
6 > All my web browsers (konqueror, opera, chromium, firefox) are 64bits, whereas
7 > flash player exist currently in 32bits. So, I need to have 32bits browser ! Can
8 > I emerge ?
9 >
10 > Thanks !
11
12 Not exactly. You can use www-plugins/nspluginwrapper to use 32bit
13 plugins in a 64bit browser.
14 But yes, you can emerge www-client/firefox-bin. This is a precompiled
15 32bit firefox, that runs the flashplugin without nspluginwrapper.
16
17 That should at least answer one question :)
18
19 Greetings
20
21 Johannes Kimmel