From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: eix-test-obolete
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 23:35:27
1 On Tue, 13 May 2008 10:06:39 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > I think you should, as long as nothing system-critical is listed, and
4 > > emerge shouts loudly about removing those.
7 > On a long list of packages to be cleaned I find it comforting to use
8 >
9 > emerge -C package1 package2 package3
10 >
11 > and watch closely so that nothing system oriented gets taken out.
12
13 That's how I do it too. I pick out the packages I'm sure I don't want and
14 unmerge those, then emerge --depclean -p again, rinse and repeat. You can
15 run emerge -uavDN world in between steps, but don't try running
16 revdep-rebuild until you have cleaned out everything you want to.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Documentation: (n.) a novel sold with software, designed to entertain the
23 operator during episodes of bugs or glitches.