From: Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gnome/gdm logout problem
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 00:47:15
1 Having an odd problem with gnome (or perhaps gdm). Whenever a user
2 logs out, instead of going back to the greeter, I get an
3 (unresponsive) grey screen with a white rectangle where the username
4 input box goes. It seems to be only the themed greeter that has this
5 problem. The box is still responsive as a whole, so I've poked
6 through logs via an ssh session, and things seem ok...except for this
7 from Xorg.0.log:
8
9 drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
10 drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
11 drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
12 drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
13 drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
14 drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
15 drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
16 drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
17 drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
18 drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
19 drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
20 drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
21 drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card1
22 drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
23 drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
24 drmOpenDevice: Open failed
25 drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card2
26 drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
27 drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
28 drmOpenDevice: Open failed
29
30 which goes on through /dev/dri/card14 with failures and then back to 0
31 again for a couple times. I'm skeptical that it's a drm thing, since
32 the GTK+ greeter is quite happy.
33
34 Like I said, that's the only log output that seems odd, if there's
35 other information that would apropos, let me know.
38 Ryan W Sims
39
40 () ascii ribbon
41 /\ campaign