From: "Rafael Fernández López" <info@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome/gdm logout problem
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 01:05:24
1 What driver are you using ?? If it is fglrx, there is a bug I think.
2
3 Bye,
4 Rafael Fernández López.
5
6 El Viernes, 9 de Diciembre de 2005 01:35, Ryan Sims escribió:
7 > Having an odd problem with gnome (or perhaps gdm). Whenever a user
8 > logs out, instead of going back to the greeter, I get an
9 > (unresponsive) grey screen with a white rectangle where the username
10 > input box goes. It seems to be only the themed greeter that has this
11 > problem. The box is still responsive as a whole, so I've poked
12 > through logs via an ssh session, and things seem ok...except for this
13 > from Xorg.0.log:
14 >
15 > drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
16 > drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
17 > drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
18 > drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
19 > drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
20 > drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
21 > drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
22 > drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
23 > drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
24 > drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
25 > drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
26 > drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
27 > drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card1
28 > drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
29 > drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
30 > drmOpenDevice: Open failed
31 > drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card2
32 > drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
33 > drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
34 > drmOpenDevice: Open failed
35 >
36 > which goes on through /dev/dri/card14 with failures and then back to 0
37 > again for a couple times. I'm skeptical that it's a drm thing, since
38 > the GTK+ greeter is quite happy.
39 >
40 > Like I said, that's the only log output that seems odd, if there's
41 > other information that would apropos, let me know.
42 >
43 > --
44 > Ryan W Sims
45 >
46 > () ascii ribbon
47 > /\ campaign
48 > - against html mail
49 > - against proprietary attachments
52 A la vista de suficientes ojos todos los errores resultan evidentes - Linus
53 Torvalds