From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Random segfaults with gnome
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 17:08:08
1 > Lately, ever since I installed gnome3 (3.2), a lot of things have gone
2 > unstable. Gnome crashes a lot and pulseaudio too, on every start (I see a
3 > segfault by the equalizer module).
4
5 I had lots of graphics related problems with gnome3.2 - from render
6 errors to system freezes. So in a desperate move I unmasked gnome3.4
7 (from the overlay) and installed it. Installing (and maintaining) 3.4 is
8 a bit hairy, but all my problems have gone since that.
9
10 So if recompiling with O2 does not help, and you don't mind bleeding
11 edge packages on your system, try 3.4